7 October 2014
The Great Owlet Zine Swap
We've been having fun re-discovering making zines this week. Collecting things we like, drawings and funny little things and cutting and pasting and giggling as we read. Zines are so much fun! But we got to thinking how we'd like to read zines from families all over the place. Share some creativity and ideas and have a little fun with snail mail!
So we'd like to invite you to join us in a mini-zine swap…
A mini-zine is an eight page, A6 sized booklet made from a single A4 sized sheet of paper. You can make it in colour or black and white and make as many copies as you like, using a photocopier or scanner and printer. We made ours in an afternoon! Would you like to give it a go?
Here's how it works:
1. Let us know via email that you'd like to be involved. Include your mailing address so we can match you up with other zine makers in interesting places.
2. Make a mini zine. You might make one per child or one per family, whatever works for you.
3. Make 10 copies of your zine.
4. You'll receive 10 mailing addresses for recipients of your zine. Post your copies to these addresses!
5. Wait for the postie to bring you 10 different zines to read!
Things you might include in your zine:
Something about you… Anything that you feel like doing or writing or drawing will be great!
If this turns out to be fun for everyone, we might make it a more regular thing, but for now, we're just hoping to share and read some great zines!
Join in by emailing your snail mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find some great tutorials for making mini zines here and here.