27 May 2011
It's been one of *those* weeks. For much of it I've felt submerged, or just treading water. A tiny owlet who will not sleep during the day. Or be happy anywhere but mama's arms and two other owlets so in need of my time and interest and energy. There has been little room for anything I might need or want to do. Missing my family and wishing they could pop over for a chat or to just hold the baby for a moment. So frustrated with this world we live in where help is so near but seems so far away... But tonight I am grateful for many things...
* Friends who give generously of their time, helping any way they can and helping the hours pass with ease.
* Magnificent massages (see dot point one), unlocking the overwhelm and letting it melt away.
* Chatting to Mum on Skype.
* Being able to call a pyjama day anytime we like, then building a mermaid cubby, watching Splash and eating seaweed and jam seastar sandwiches.
* New friends, just around the corner.
* A partner who is truly that in every sense. Who will drop everything to be there. Just cos that's what you do.
What are you grateful for this week?